Delicate, different and imbued with the strength and wisdom of the magnificent creatures which inspired its design.Simply gorgeous. Handcrafted in Botswana by a father and daughter partnership, these unique bracelets represent one family’s deep love for the African bush. Founder of African Safari Jewellery, Peter Hepburn learnt how to tie traditional elephant hair bracelets as a boy growing up in the Botswanan bush. Today, silver and gold are substituted for elephant tail hairs.Traditionally given as gifts, these bracelets are steeped in legend and believed to bring good fortune and prosperity to the wearer. It is said that the first knot symbolises the earth and its fertility, whilst the second knot represents spiritual forces. Together, they create harmony.
- 2 silver and 1 rolled gold strands with 2 silver knots
- 14 karat gold filled wire
- Sliding mechanism enables size to be adjusted slightly
- Medium size: Open diameter 6.5 cm – 7 cm; closed diameter (at is tightest) 5.5 cm
- Open circumference 24 cm; closed circumference 20 cm - 20.5 cm