|Meet the Afridrille. Kenya’s very own handmade espadrille. Fabulous with ALL outfits (trust us, we’ve tried). They’re so comfy it’s lucky they go with everything as you won’t want to take them off. Featuring hand-sewn beading stitched at 36° to represent where they were made. We think that’s pretty cool.
Cut, sewn and stitched by a team of 80 ‘Maker Mums’, our Afridrilles are handmade with love. They begin life in a small town on the edge of the Great Rift Valley. It is here that they also help to provide health and education to disabled children, as every shoe supports full time employment for mothers as well as the Ubuntu Special Needs Centre.
Available 5 colours: natural, navy, coral, spring blue and spring pink.
- 100% East-African cotton.
- Traditional jute soles with vulcanized rubber for durability.
- Handprinted lining in a soft, breathable cotton fabric.
- Available in size: 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5
- Hand beaded genuine Kenyan leather tabs represent the town where these Afridrilles are made - Maai Mahiu is located at 1° South, 36° East.
- Every product supports meaningful, full-time employment in Kenya.