You’ve met the Afridrille, now meet the Lamu Mule. A new style of high-quality footwear made by Ubuntu, these handmade and locally sourced mules are a cool twist on a classic look. Crafted with the same jute soles of the Afridrille, the Lamu Mule keeps comfort in mind with these easy to slip on and suede slides.
Named after Kenya’s Lamu Island, an UNESCO World Heritage Site. A coastal area, part of an archipelago, Lamu is a seaside vision filled with bougainvillea, wooden dhow boats, sandy beaches and breath-taking sunsets, and cobblestone footpaths, and the best place to take your Lamu Mules out for an adventure.
Cut, sewn and stitched by a team of 80 ‘Maker Mums’, the Lamu Mules are handmade with love by Ubuntu. They begin life in a small town on the edge of the Great Rift Valley. It is here that they also help to provide health and education to disabled children, as every shoe supports full time employment for mothers as well as the Ubuntu Special Needs Centre.
- Handmade in Maai Mahu, Kenya
- Genuine Kenyan leather in a soft nubuck finish
- Traditional jute soles with vulcanized rubber for durability
- Hand beaded signature tab made by our Maasai Maker Mums
- Every product support meaningful, full-time employment in Kenya
- Material will stretch & mold to your foot over time
- We recommend sizing 1/2 size up as they run narrow
- Available in 2 colours: Indigo and Chestnut